Gas Barrier Products
Geo-membranes are used in civil engineering works either for separation of different layers of material or for preventing fluids like water or chemicals from undermining the structure of the construction.
Geo-membranes can be as:
- A separation layer for the structure of roads, bridges, tunnels, railways etc;
- Protection of the ground water from percolation from landfills;
- Environmental protection from chemicals from petrol stations and chemical industries;
- Sealing of fertilizer tanks;
- Sealing of water reservoirs, ornamental lakes, waste water, lakes, rain water lagoons, etc.
Monarflex geo-membranes are composed of several layers of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) ensuring a flexible and puncture-resistant membrane. Polyethylene is easy to work with and maintains its flexibility even at low temperatures. They are UV resistant and also resistant to a large number of chemicals.
Monarflex geo-membranes are available in both reinforced (Gridline) and non-reinforced (Blackline) forms and in various grades available for different applications.
Monarflex geo-membranes are produced in 4m wide rolls and can be easily welded together and delivered in larger sections for ease of installation. Installation must only be done by professionals.
Monarflex offers a range of ground membrane accessories to complement the membranes and ensure a completely tight and sealed system.
Accessories available include:
• Pre-pressed Top Hats for pipe penetration;
• Double-sided butyl tape for overlapping and sealing.